Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun with the family under the purple mountain majesty


I stood where Katharine Lee Bates was inspired to write America the beautiful, with two wonderful grandsons and Kathryn as we walked and jogged along the old railroad tracks, now made into a walking and jogging trail that goes behind their home in Colorado Springs. What an awesome experience as I looked at that breath taking mountain, just recently dusted with a light snow. The weather was brisk, but refreshing. My thoughts went beyond how beautiful America is
to the awsome power that created this site, our

Lord and Saviour. The verse "In the begining God created the heavens and the earth" suddenly had more meaning. Then I looked at my third child and her wonderful twins and was filled with more wonder of God's gifts to us. As I frolicked with them in this beautiful site, I was reminded of Gods words, in Psalms where he says " I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well".
I love you Kathryn, Jake, Nathan and James. Thanks for the visit!
Love, Dad
(click pictures twice to enlarge)
Link



No comments: